Alu ko Achar (spiced potato salad) is a Nepali cuisine dish eaten as an appetizer or with lunch and dinner.
- 2 large boiled potatoes
- 1 cucumber chopped (inside removed)
- 1 medium carrot chopped or grated
- 3 chopped green chili
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. red chili powder
- 2 tbsp. garlic ginger paste
- 1/2 cup brown sesame seed toasted and grinder
- 1 tbsp. fenugreek seeds
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 lemon juice
- Boil potatoes, peel, and cut them into cubes.
- Thinly slice carrots and cucumber (remove the watery part)
- Slice green chili.
- Toast brown sesame seeds in a pan and grind to powder
- Combine potatoes, carrots, cucumber and green chili in a bowl
- Add salt, garlic ginger paste, red chili powder and sesame seed powder
- In a separate small pan heat oil and fry fenugreek seeds
- When fenugreek seeds turn black, add turmeric powder and pour the oil in the achar mixture bowl.
- Mix it together and add lemon juice.
- Garnish with cilantro.