Traditional Nepali Vegetarian Soup – How to & Recipe!
- 1 cup Black eyed peas (Boiled)
- 2 Potatoes (Boiled)
- 1 cup Bamboo Shoots (Tama)
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Tsp. Cumin Seeds
- 1 Tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 2 Tsp. Cumin Powder
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Red Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Ginger Paste
- 2 Tbsp. Oil
- Heat oil in a cooking pot.
- Fry cumin seeds and onions till it turns brown.
- Add Tama (Bamboo Shoots) for few minutes.
- Add boiled black-eyed peas and fry another 2-3 minutes.
- Add Turmeric, cumin, red chili powder, salt and garlic ginger paste and mix.
- Then add boiled potatoes and mix well with the spices.
- Then add about 4 cups of hot water and stir.
- Cover with lid until it comes to boil.
- Sprinkle some chopped cilantro for garnish.