Baara is a Newari ethnic dish from Nepal. Newari food is one of the popular cuisine in Nepal.
- 1 Bowl Black Gram Lentils ( 2 cups)
- 1 Tsp Garlic & Ginger Paste
For Egg Baara
- 1 Egg
For Chicken Baara
- 6-8oz (200 gm) Ground Chicken
- Salt and Pepper
- Cumin Powder
- Red Chili Powder
- Procedure for Bara mix
- Soak lentils in water for 5 hours or overnight
- Remove black part by rinsing in water
- Grind the white lentils in a grinder until it comes to a paste
- Add water if necessary
- Then remove it in a bowl and add salt and garlic ginger paste.
- For chicken topping, add salt, pepper, cumin and red chili powder and mix In ground chicken
For making baara
- Heat frying pan and add oil
- Pour in a ladle or 1/2 cup of mixture in the pan and spread evenly
- Cook until its brown on both sides.
For Egg Bara
- Pour in 1/2 cup of mixture in the pan and crack one egg on top.
- Then flip over after it turns golden brown
For chicken Bara
- Pour in 1/2 cup of mixture in the pan and top it with ground chicken
- Flip it over and add little oil to cook the chicken.