Bhyanta ko tarkari used to be my last thing to eat until I ate when my cousin made it. This recipe is inspired by him.
- 1 lb Egglplant/Bhyanta
- 1 Red onion
- 2 Tomato
- 2Tbsp Garlic ginger paste
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp veg curry powder (Everest or MDH)
- 2 tsp Salt
- Handful of cilantro
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat oil in a cooking pot.
- Fry thinly sliced onions for about a minute and add 1 tsp of turmeric and mix well.
- Now add garlic ginger paste and cook for another minute or so.
- Then add chopped egglplant and mix for about another minute and add salt and mix.
- Now add chopped tomato and cilantro and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Then add 1/4 cup of water and mix.
- Now turn the flame to medium and cover the pot with a lid.
- Then open the lid, stir, and cover with lid again. Repeat the process 2-3 times until the eggplant gets mushy.
- Now add rest of the dry spices and mix well.
- Cook for another 5 minutes after you put in the spices.
- At last add more cilantro and cook for a minute and the curry is ready to be served.