Bread Chop is a famous street food in Nepal as well as in India. It can be eaten on anytime of the day. It simply is a sandwich which is deep fried.
- Besan (Chickpea flour) 2 US cup
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- turmeric 1/2 tsp
- baking soda 1/2 tsp
- water 2 US cup
- 3 large boiled potatoes
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cumin powder
- Handful of chopped cilantro
- 10 bread slices
- 500ml oil (enough for the bread to deep fry)
- Mix besan, salt, turmeric, and baking soda in a bowl. Add water and make semi think paste. Set aside
- In another large bowl, mash boiled potatoes. Then add chopped red onion, cilantro, green chili, oil, salt, and cumin powder. Mix well.
- Take 2 slices of bread and spread 2 spoon of the potato mixture evenly on each bread.
- Put one of the bread on top of another, potato mix inside. Slice the breads into half in an angle.
- Heat oil in a deep pot.
- Coat the sliced bread into the batter from all sides.
- Slide it into medium-high heat oil. Fry until golden brown on each side.
- Remove it and place it on a strainer or a plate with paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve with ketchup.