Classic Momo ko Jhol Achar, enjoy with your favorite Momo!
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup soybean seeds
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 3 dried red chili
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp. black peppercorn
- 2 tbsp. oil
- Toast soybean seeds in a small frying pan until the shell starts to break out.
- Remove it on a paper towel to cool down.
- In a same pan, toast the sesame seeds and repeat the same process.
- Remove the shells of the soybean seeds and grind it with the sesame seeds.
- Then, in a medium size pan, heat oil and fry dried red chili, cumin seeds.
- Fry chopped tomatoes for about a minute.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, cumin powder, garlic ginger paste and fresh ground black pepper.
- Then fry until the tomatoes breakdown.
- Put the tomato gravy in the grinder with the soybean and sesame seeds.
- Pour in a cup of hot water little at a time.
- Squeeze in half a lemon juice into the mixture.
- Remove it and cook it for another couple of minutes until it boils.
- The jhol momo soup is ready.