Gaajar ko haluwa (Carrot pudding) is a delicious dessert that is served mostly during parties. Many people thinks its hard to make but here are simple steps and few ingredients that will help you make gaajar ko haluwa at home.
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups (400 ml) whole milk
- 4 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. Ghee (clarified butter)
- 1/4 cup mixed nuts
- Heat a non-stick pan in a medium high heat.
- Add ghee in a pan.
- Toast mixed nuts for about 30 seconds. (Almonds, pistachio, cashew)
- Add the shredded carrots and fry for 5 minutes.
- Wait till the water of the carrots evaporates
- Then add sugar and caramelize the carrots.
- Cook for another 5 minutes, carrots will get soft and dark in color
- Then add hot milk little at a time.
- Keep stirring to prevent milk from burning
- Then cook it until all the milk evaporates and the mixture gets thick in consistency.
- Serve hot.