A very popular Newari breakfast food from Nepal. Easy to make and delicious to eat.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup water
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add water slowly and keep mixing until it becomes a paste. The paste should not be very runny.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and set aside for an hour (overnight is best).
- Heat up a frying pan in medium high heat.
- Add half inch of oil to dip the mix.
- Take a spoon or use your hand to drop about 1 tbsp of mix in the oil.
- Cook for roughly about 2 minutes on each side.
- Place it in paper towel to extract excess oil