Kaju Barfi is one of the famous Nepali sweets eaten during festivals or even for a treat. It seems very difficult to make while we eat but it is very easy to make.
- 200 g Kaju (Cashew)
- 200 ml water
- 250g sugar
- 1 tbs ghee (clarified butter)
- Blend cashew in a food processor to make powder.
- Heat a non-stick pan and add sugar and water to make sugar syrup.
- Do a one-string consistency test to make sure you get perfect syrup. (Take one drop of syrup on your thumb. Press and release with index finger. If you see one string then its ready.
- Add cashew powder into the syrup and mix.
- Add ghee and knead to form dough. let it cool for 20 min.
- Roll with a rolling pin with about 1 cm thickness.
- Cut into diamond size and place in refrigerator to cool and firm.
- Ready to serve.