Khasi ko Fokso (Goat Lungs) is a traditional Newari cuisine of Nepal. It is uniquely prepared and taste is amazing.
- 1 Goat lung
- 1/2 cup besan flour (Chick pea flour)
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 2 tsp. red chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin powder
- 2 tsp. coriander powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. garlic ginger paste
- 3 large eggs
- 1 gal water
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp. oil
- Clean the inside of lungs by filling water couple of times.
- Clean until the water comes out clear.
- In a large bowl add besan, turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, salt, black pepper, garlic ginger paste, eggs, oil and 1 gallon water and mix well
- Make a pump out of zip log bag and a straw and pour in the mixture inside the lungs until it expands big.
- Tie the lung pipe with rope or thread so that the mixture will not leak out.
- Boil in hot water for about 25 minutes.
- Then let it cool down for 15 minutes.
- Cut them into bite size pieces.
- Sauté them in a pan with oil until golden brown on both sides.
- Add chopped onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes and garnish with cilantro.