Lapsi ko Achar is a famous Newari dish eaten during festivals. It is made from Laspsi (Hog Plum). Its sweet, sour and spicy in taste.
- 800 g Lapsi (hog plum)
- 1/2 tsp. Fenugreek seeds
- 3 Dried red chili
- ½ tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. garlic ginger paste
- ¼ tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. red chili powder
- ½ tsp. paprika powder
- 6 tbsp. sugar
- 3 cardamoms
- 3 cloves
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 cup water
- Peel off shell from the lapsi. (If using raw lapsi, boil until it becomes soft and easy to peel)
- Heat oil in a pot and roast fenugreek seeds until it gets brown.
- Add dried chili, cumin seeds.
- Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder and stir well.
- Add the lapsi and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Put crushed cloves, cardamom, salt, red chili powder, paprika powder and sugar.
- Mix well and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add a cup of hot water and keep stirring.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes in medium heat and it is ready to be served.