Swari is a soft thin bread eaten in Nepal. It is mostly eaten for breakfast. This is mostly popular among Newari ethnicity.
- 1 cup all purpose flour (120g)
- 1 TBSP oil
- ~80ml water
- Oil to deep fry
- Mix flour and 1 Tbsp oil well in a mixing bowl.
- Slowly add water and make a soft dough.
- Cover with plastic saran wrap and set aside for 20-30 minutes.
- Now take a non-stick tray or a stainless steel plate and apply oil on the surface
- Remove the dough from the plastic and knead for a minute.
- divide equally into 4-5 small balls.
- Take one ball, apply little oil on top and make a round thin shape pressing by fingers.
- Heat oil in a flat pan to deep fry.
- Remove the thin dough slowly and fry it in oil for 8-10 seconds max.
- Swari is ready to serve. Best eaten with Haluwa, Malpua and Jerry along with Hot milk tea.