Sel Roti is a traditional Nepali dish prepared during festival seasons like Dashain and Tihar.
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 3 tbsp. ghee (clarified butter)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp. rice flour if the batter is thin (liquid)
- Soak rice overnight.
- Drain out water and put rice in mixer grinder along with sugar and ghee.
- Grind for about 3-4 minutes until it becomes paste.
- If the batter is too liquid, add 1 tbsp. of rice flour.
- Cut the top portion of a plastic bottle to drop batter.
- Add oil 1/2 inch in a pan and heat.
- Drop the batter in oil making round circle.
- Fry until golden brown.