Takha is a frozen or jelly dish and Sanyakhuna (Sanya means Dried Fish) is a fish jelly dish usually made of buffalo skin. They are famous dishes of Newari cuisine usually prepared during winter season.
- 200 grams Goat skin
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 2 tsp. cumin powder
- 2 tsp. red chili powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. garlic ginger paste
- 2 tsp. red chili powder (for Sanyakhuna)
- 2 tbsp. oil
- Heat up a pressure cooker and add oil.
- Add ginger and garlic paste, and goat skin.
- Then fry for about a minute.
- Add turmeric powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, and salt.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add about a gallon of hot water, close the lid.
- Cook in medium heat for 4-5 hours.
- Check in between to see if water gets low, add more if necessary.
- After 4-5 hours, the skin will get very soft and sticky.
- In a bowl, pour in half of the juice/liquid from the cooker and skin
- Store in cool place to set
- Pour in the remaining liquid in a bowl.
- In a small pan, add a small amount of oil and then fry anchovies.
- Add the fried anchovies in the bowl that has only the juice.
- Add hing, lemon juice, red chili powder.
- Then mix it all together.
- Top it off with more red chili powder.
- Then leave it overnight in the fridge to set.