Haluwa (pudding) is usually a dessert but this type of Haluwa that is made from Flour is eaten for breakfast along with Swari (Newari style deep fried flat bread). This is found in Newari local sweet shops specially in Kathmandu Valley Area.
- 250g All purpose flour
- 75g Ghee
- 115g sugar
- 150ml water
- Heat ghee in a pot in medium-high heat.
- Add all purpose flour and keep stirring.
- When the mixture starts to change the color to brown, add sugar and keep stirring and mixing.
- After the mixture is thick and brown in color, add water and keep mixing until the mixture gets soft and smooth.
- Enjoy the haluwa with Swari or roti.